When trying out the Inventor 2020 “Insert End Caps” command for the first time, you may run into the following error message:
“Can’t Locate the Inventor Custom Content”
The fix is really simple. Inventor 2020’s content centre is installed with a custom library for the end caps. This needs to be added to your current Inventor project file to make it available.
Simply follow these steps:
- Close ALL open files in Inventor
- Go to the “Get Started” Tab, then click on “Projects”
- Click on “Configure Content Centre Libraries” (as shown below)
- Select the “Custom Content” library (as shown below), and click “OK”
- Save changes to the project file
You have now added the content centre library that was missing to you project file, the “Insert End Caps” command will now work with your project.