And that’s a wrap! 2020 is on the horizon. I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has visited the site in 2019, thank you for your support. I run this site as a hobby, generally putting blog posts together on the weekends, usually early on Saturday mornings with a cup of tea, watching rugby, or when sat in hotel rooms, while travelling. A massive thank you to my number one guest blogger M Veldkamp who has published 4 posts since August.
Here Most Popular blog posts of 2019:
- Automatic Drawings with iLogic
- Convert Point Cloud Data to Mesh
- Autodesk Inventor – 3 Reasons Why DWG Is Better Than IDW
- Automate DXF Flat Patterns with iLogic
- Inventor 2020: Fix “Can’t Locate the Inventor Custom Content”
- Automate Drawing Notes with iLogic
- AutoCAD Quick Tip: Convert PDF to DWG
- Simple iLogic DXF Exporter
- Enhanced BoM Export With iLogic
- IMPROVED: iProperty Tool-Tip with iLogic
This is always a bit of an unfair metric, as something written earlier in the year has more time to be read, versus something that was written later in the year,
The image above shows the graph for monthly views, I’m happy to say that with your support, growth in popularity of the site has been exponential.
In 2019 we had almost worldwide traffic, which is incredible, the bulk of visitors coming from the UK and and USA, followed by Europe and then the rest of the world.
Things that always interest me about doing things online, is understanding search engines, and how relevant they are to web traffic. In 2019 just over 30% of site traffic was from search engines. Apparently CAD users like Google! Interestingly Google held 98% of the traffic when I last looked at this in June.
20% of traffic comes from Social Media, the bulk of which is Twitter and LinkedIn, which means that the other 50(ish)% is direct, from people who visit the site regularly.